- DSM were appointed to carry out the
- • Asbestos removal, demolition and site clearance of 6 (no) multi-storey (16 storey each) properties that were originally constructed circa 1960's by G Wimpey Homes.
- • The buildings comprised cast insitu reinforced concrete frame with infill panels
- • The works involved the complete demolition of all structures and the disposal off site of arisings
The main high level risks for the works were:-
- • Close proximity to tenants and an acute care unit
- • An access route through the centre of two zones had to be maintained at all times.
- • The greatest risk was the premature collapse within the existing structure and required detailed sequencing which was produced by a structural engineer.