Appointed as Principal Contractor to demolish the former Bradford Cinema Site in Bradford City Centre. The demolition was instigated to transform an existing row of shopts to make way for an extension to the existing shopping centre and provide a new six screen modern cinema with restaurant, cafes and bars.
• Located in the centre of Bradford
• Parking bays had to be suspected and pedestrian footpaths protected.
• Pedestrian access had to be maintained to the shopping mall, bus stops and Yorkshire Bank.
• Access to the works had to be controlled by a dedicated traffic marshall and particular attention was given to ensure that access to the fire escape route was maintained at all times.
• To protect visitors from any works, the building had to be encapsulated in a designed wrapped scaffold system.
• Particular consideration was given to noise, dust and vibration and transportation to instructions given to the deliveries to give due regard to those affected by this.